Nofirno Board Test
Numerous fire tests have been carried out to determine the quality of the NOFIRNO coating applied on the NOFIRNO boards in a thickness of 1,2-1,5 mm by airless spraying.
All the tests have proved that no smoke emission is released by the coating or the mineral wool board itself, and also that no moisture and vapours could escape from the mineral wool boards. During a two-hour fire test, the surface of the NOFIRNO boards even remained unchanged at the unexposed side.
The main objective of the NOFIRNO coating is to avoid any release of moisture and vapours from the coated mineral wool boards.
Loss of moisture will automatically cause shrinkage of the boards, thereby resulting in loss of mechanical stability during fire exposure. Fire tests have shown that after only 10-15 minutes testing a substantial amount of moisture will already escape from an uncoated board. With NOFIRNO, this is not the case and mechanical stability is maintained.
Next to this, the high quality standard of NOFIRNO is also expressed by the following features:
• easy to install
• Simple solution for oversized conduits
• Easy access for extensions
• maintenance friendly and
• optimized smoke & fire barrier.
• High thermal insulation properties
1. Smoke Tight (when used with Nofirno Sealant)
2. TNO Laboratory – Age Testing to 50 years
3. EN1366-3 European Fire Test – 2 hours fire protection
4. NES711 - Low Smoke Index
5. NES713 - Low Toxicity Index
6. ISO4589-3 - High Temperature Index
7. ISO4589-2 - High Oxygen Index