NOFIRNO - RISE installation instructions
- In the case of highly filled cable penetrations, it may be easier to separate the cables with RISE® insert sleeves rather than ACTIFOAM® profiles. The sleeves are split lengthwise and can be fitted easily around the cables.
- Depending on the required fire rating the RISE® insert sleeves should have an appropriate length. In case the depth of the penetration is too short, NOFIRNO® sleeves with a longer length can be placed around each of the cables.
- The RISE insert sleeves should have a tight fit around the cables. NOFIRNO® sealant is applied underneath, in between and on top of the bundle of insert sleeves. In this way a fair degree of initial smoke tightness is obtained.
- A NOFIRNO® board is cut to size and tightly inserted into the open space of the conduit opening. The NOFIRNO® board should be a bit oversized and can be forced into the opening using a piece of wood and a hammer.
- The NOFIRNO® board is sealed all around with NOFIRNO® sealant to obtain optimum tightness. This will also improve mechanical stability. The NOFIRNO® sealant is to be applied at both sides of the penetration.
- The finished NOFIRNO® - RISE® multi-cable penetration. The NOFIRNO® board can be removed for extra cables to be added. For higher fire ratings single coated NOFIRNO® boards can be installed at both sides of the conduit opening.